Location: Haliburton Hockey Haven Sports Camp, Haliburton, ON
Contract: Mid June – early September (approximately)
Accommodations and meals provided
Deadline for application: April 1, 2021; applications will be considered as they are received.
At Haliburton Hockey Haven Sports Camp we are dedicated to enriching the lives of young athletes through sport, education and leadership. Our organization has been doing this since 1964, and have been at our current camp facility for 3 summer now and are in need of some great people to assist us in our endeavor! This job is a contract position but we are hoping that full-time employment will be the end result with our new facility. If you are the type of person that doesn’t mind lending a hand in any capacity to assist Haliburton Hockey Haven flourish now and into the future than we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for wakeboard instructors to direct our wakeboarding program. At Haliburton Hockey Haven Sports Camp we have a wide range of camper abilities which make for exciting days and an engaging teaching opportunity. We are looking for individual who is able to maintain a safe environment while providing engaging and encouraging instruction to our campers. A minimum of two staff will be on each boat, one to drive and instruct and one to spot and maintain campers.
- Instruct beginner to intermediate wakeboarders to improve basic skills
- Preform ability assessments
- To rotate within the team and to take responsibility for instruction, driving and spotting
- To ensure that safety standards are upheld at all times
- To enforce sun safety at all times
- Preform daily equipment inspections and report any maintenance needed
- Wakeboard Instructors
- Boating License
- Bronze Cross (NLS an asset but not required)
Applicants must send an email with a cover letter outlining qualifications, a resume:
Mitchell Binnie, Director of Operations
Haliburton Hockey Haven Sports Camp