Location: Haliburton Hockey Haven Sports Camp, Haliburton, ON
Contract: Mid June – September (approximately)
Accommodations and Meals can be provided
Deadline for application: March 24, 2017; applications will be considered as they are received.
At Haliburton Hockey Haven Sports Camp we are dedicated to enriching the lives of young athletes through sport, education and leadership. Although, our organization has been doing this since 1964, for the first time in our history, we have purchased our own camp facility and are in need of some great people to assist us in our new endeavor! This job is a contract position but we are hoping that full-time employment will be the end result with our new facility. If you are the type of person that doesn’t mind lending a hand in any capacity to assist our brand new endeavor flourish now and into the future than we would love to hear from you!
The Waterfront Facilitators/Lifeguards responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- At least one summer of experience working in a waterfront or community pool environment.
- Demonstrated competencies in aquatic skill delivery such as, facilitation, program planning, safety management and rescue.
- Experience leading other staff in the delivery of an aquatics program.
- Compensation varies depending on the position and experience. All positions include room, board, laundry and use of facilities.
- Current National Lifeguard certification
- Lifesaving Society Instructor certifications
- Emergency First Aid and CPR “B” certification
- Pleasure Craft Operators License an asset
- Vulnerable sector check/police records check
The HHHSC waterfront and pool provides instruction in wake-sports, swimming lessons canoeing and SUP Boarding for 8 weeks starting July 2nd. Meals and accommodations are provided. Waterfront Staff must have the above minimum qualifications (or be willing to achieve them before the start of the summer.) Strong organizational skills and a strong work ethic are crucial attributes of the successful applicant. The applicant should also enjoy life in a beautiful setting and working closely with children. An interest in sports, leadership and an appreciation for the outdoors would also be a benefit.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in Canoeing/SUP Boarding
- Facilitation skills
- Ability to plan and implement waterfront programming
- Strong interpersonal skills
Applicants must send an email with a cover letter outlining qualifications, a resume, and contact information for 2 references to:
Adam Mannella, Director of Operations
Haliburton Hockey Haven Sports Camp