Location: Haliburton Hockey Haven Sports Camp, Haliburton, ON
Contract: Mid June – early September (approximately)
Accommodations and meals provided
Deadline for application: May 12, 2017; applications will be considered as they are received.
At Haliburton Hockey Haven Sports Camp we are dedicated to enriching the lives of young athletes through sport, education and leadership. Although, our organization has been doing this since 1964, for the first time in our history, we have purchased our own camp facility and are in need of some great people to assist us in our new endeavor! This job is a contract position for the summer. If you are the type of person that doesn’t mind lending a hand in any capacity to assist our brand new endeavor flourish now and into the future than we would love to hear from you!
The Camp Counselors responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Live and stay with between 8 – 10 campers in an assigned cabin
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each session while on camp property
- Assist in the transportation of campers to and from arenas, golf courses and other destinations as needed
- Supervise children during activities, meals and evening activities
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Ensure all campers arrive on time to all meals and activities on a daily basis
- Ensure campers follow all rules and regulations including bedtimes and safety procedures
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues and effectively communicate issues to Directors especially in the event of an incident
- Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
The Camp Counselors Requirements include:
- Must be 17 years of age or older
- CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to obtain (can be provided during training)
- NLS certification or willingness to obtain an asset
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must live in provided on-site housing
Applicants must send an email with a cover letter outlining qualifications, a resume, and contact information for 2 references to:
Adam Mannella, Director of Operations
Haliburton Hockey Haven Sports Camp